Monday, May 14, 2012

Australia





In February I was asked to shoot a handful of installations in Australia.  Two in Sydney, Two Canberra and another in Perth for Jupiter.  I have a good standing relationship with them as clients and I knew this job would test me and my ability to execute logistics more than just photography.    I have traveled all over the world as an Assistant for Robert Reck but this was my first job putting those experiences and observations to the test.  Luckily I have an ace up my sleeve at all times... Bridget.  I knew what had to happen for customs and airlines but Bridget came through in a pinch when it came to business visas.  Apparently Australia prefers 2 weeks notice before entering the country I was contacted Tuesday and asked to be in Sydney on Monday.  I tried to contact the consulate but it was Australia Day... figures.  But an expediting service was able to create an electronic visa in 24 hours.  Problem solved.

In Sydney, I shot the New South Wales Rural Fire Service (NSW RFS - They like their acronyms as much as we do).  This sight housed the largest Wall Screen in the southern hemisphere.





I also was able to photograph a sound stage (FEX) adjacent to the Federal Exchange





From Sydney I was graciously chauffeured to Canberra to photograph the Bureau of Meteorology (BoM) and a Lockheed Martin Installation.




 It took a day but I flew from Canberra to Perth and set up shop to shoot at Main Roads - A traffic nerve center for the equivalent of our Department of Transportation.







As with most trips you wish you had more time this was no exception.  I hope to return some day with a lot more free time on my hands...

No comments:

Post a Comment