Monday, August 25, 2014

Appomattox, VA - Washington Post Magazine


In July, I shot an assignment for the Washington Post Magazine about Appomattox, VA - known for the location where the South surrendered to the North.  After some discussion on aesthetic approach we decided to photograph the assignment with a Diana Plastic Camera.  Incidentally, I had picked this camera up 10 years ago in an antique shop in Ferdicksburg, VA for $20 bucks and I've always loved shooting with it but I have never used it for commercial work.  I only have one and I was definitely nervous it might stop working while I was there.  Of course you can purchase a new Diana from Lomography but there was something about utilizing an actual camera from the 60s that I took pride in.

I loved the layout of the magazine but if you are interested in reading the article the online text might be a bit easier.  Appomattox WP Article






No comments:

Post a Comment